2020 Special Considerations: After a lot of careful and thoughtful discussions we are open for business in 2020 despite the COVID19 challenges. We are confident that our business model of one client family at a time allows us to keep our family and clients safe. We ask that anyone that has been exposed or is experiencing symptoms to reschedule their swims. Pool rental time can be contactless with Paypal payment and text messaging (let me know when booking if this is what you would like). We are not requiring clients (dogs or humans) to wear masks. Please do what makes you feel safe.
Hours of Operation -
During our open season (approximately April - October) we are open by appointment ONLY! Please call or text 319-560-1673 to schedule. June 11 - Aug 23rd we will accept appointments during the following times: Monday 10 am to 4 pm, Tuesday 10 am to 4 pm, Wednesday 10 am to 4 pm, Thursday 10 am to 8 pm, Friday 8 am to 4 pm, Saturday 10 am to 7 pm, & Sunday 10 am to 5 pm. April, May, and September we will accept appointments during the following times: Monday, Thursday, and Friday 4 - 7 pm, Closed Tuesday & Wednesday, Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, & Sunday noon to 5 pm.
30 minute swim/pool rental is $15*
60 minute swim/pool rental is $25*
*There is an additional fee of $5 per dog from the same household for any dogs beyond the first. We accept cash and credit cards (via Paypal).
- Please potty your dog before entering the dock. Please clean up after them everywhere on the site.
- FOOD/TREATS are highly discouraged on the dock/in the pool.
- Dogs must be current on rabies (highly encouraged to be current on parvo/distemper). A copy must be emailed/texted to [email protected] or 319-560-1673 prior to being allowed to swim.
- Please do not allow your dog to lift his leg anywhere on the dock or pool.
Things to bring:
- Your dogs favorite floating toy (non-food)
- Water/Water bowl – for you and your pup
- Kennel – if needed or if you have more than one dog
- Dry clothes or swimsuit (you may get wet)
- Your dog & leash
- Recommended not to feed your dog at least three hours prior to swimming/events.
- Bug Spray (human)
- Human Sunscreen (there is limited shade in the mornings)
Why Swim your canine?
Swimming is one of the best exercise options available. It is low impact and uses nearly every muscle.
Statistics show over 50% of canines are over weight. This option allows dogs to start exercising without the added weight "weighing" them down.
It also helps canine athletes continue to build muscle tone, increase cardiovascular fitness, loosen joints, relax muscles, and increase flexibility. It has also proven to be helpful to manage osteoarthritis, neurological issues, and allow dogs to recover from surgery faster.
Future plans: At some point we hope to complete the natural swimming pond we broke ground on in the Spring of 2015, The pond will have a swimming area over 50 foot long, four foot deep, and 20 foot wide (meeting regulations for organizations such as Ultimate Air Dogs). We will also have the space to put in a full size (40 foot) dock. Natural swimming ponds have the clarity of swimming pools, without all the chemicals. It uses plants, water movement, and rocks for natural filtration. The natural swimming pond will feature a four-sided beach entry to allow dogs to slowly enter the water. This beach entry will bring the pond size up to 80 foot long by 50 foot wide.